EDGE Strategy is a dynamic, global and mission-driven organization, committed to foster
gender-balanced, inclusive and diverse workplaces through EDGE Certification.
EDGE Certification is the world’s leading standard for workplace equality and has been
designed to help companies transform their workforce by measuring, accelerating and certifying gender and intersectional equality. It is distinguished by its rigor and focus on business impact. EDGE Strategy’s customer base consists of large organizations in 44 different countries across 5 continents and 29 different industries. Organizations that are certified include IKEA, L’Oréal, UNICEF, Dow, the World Bank, the European Central Bank, IFF, Firmenich, Zurich Financial Services and Pictet, among many others.
For more information about EDGE Certification: https://edge-cert.org
The person in this role will be responsible, on a project basis, for the further development and maintenance of the EDGE Strategy ToolTM a proprietary online gender and intersectional equality assessment tool for companies to track and benchmark their performance in closing the equity gap in the workplace. The candidate will also manage and maintain the accompanying IT environment and work closely with EDGE Strategy’s existing external IT, software development, security and data hosting providers.
This is an exciting challenge for an IT professional that likes being part of a small team, that wants to develop and enhance software for a solution that creates a positive social impact (supporting more equitable, diverse, and inclusive organizations), and that enjoys the opportunity to bring innovative ideas to fruition.
We offer a respectful and inclusive work culture, flexible work practices and the ability to work remotely and with colleagues from around the world.
• Software development and engineering (further development, maintenance and performance
improvement of the EDGE applications)
• Requirements engineering (together with management, EDGE clients and external IT
• Directing software programming and documentation development
• Managing IT security strategy and ongoing stability
• Conducting IT assessments, system testing and validation procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related subject
• Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails (both backend and frontend)
• Python (PowerPoint generation) would be a plus
• Database: PostgreSQL
• Hosting: External server with capistrano (main app) and external open shift container
(Docker) for PPTX generator
• Experience working across a variety of software development projects
• Ability to work effectively and independently
• Fluency in English, additional languages, notably German, would be a plus
• Exceptional attention to detail, precision and accuracy
• Entrepreneurial spirit, team player, ‘can-do’ attitude, and willingness to go the extra
• The desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Have an interest in ESG-related topics
• Link to your GitHub
• Link to your StackOverflow profile